Wednesday, April 29, 2020

CARGO BAR - evolved

I love a good tuna tartare


An internet search for "Cargo Bar, Mission Bay, CA" gets me a lot of helpful links to the top service providers for hauling cargo around the city.

Looking up the address, the Hilton Hotel is now a Noble House Hotel property. And frankly, the place is gorgeous. Spas, cabanas, zoo packages, the place really makes Michigan, on a cold April day, look like shit.

The Cargo Bar, alas, is no longer, replaced with the Acqua California Bistro, serving 3, 4, or 5 course meals with beautiful bayside views. Oh my, you wouldn't even care about the bill at that point.

There is also a bar on the property, The Olive Bar, that frankly looks like every other lobby hotel bar. I prefer the Acqua...

Reluctantly, I'm back looking at the Cargo Bar's entry, and it seems kind of wacky compared to the sophistication of the Acqua.

Maui Christmas
  • 1 1/2 oz. triple sec
  • 1 oz. white creme de cacao
  • 3 1/2 oz. pineapple juice
  • 1 tbs. coconut snow
  • 1 cherry
Place all but the cherry in a blender with ice. Blend well. Pour and garnish with the cherry.


No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...