Thursday, April 16, 2020

BlueBoar Inn - closed


Yelp San Francisco has listed this one as RIP. An article in the Chicago Tribune from 1987 states:

When San Francisco`s celebrated Blue Boar Restaurant burned down a couple of years ago, its owners transferred their cuisine to the Sonoma coast and created a European-style hideaway complete with indoor Jacuzzi, outdoor heated pool and a Horse and Gun Club.

Alas, there's precious little to go on between 1979 and 1984. One blogger, talking vividly of making an ass out of himself at various establishments in SF noted his wife saying "don't forget about the Blue Boar!" An ashtray on eBay. 

I wish I had more to say about it, in a major metropolitan city such as SF, I'm sure places like this die out every day. 

Blue Boar Nun
  • 1 tbsp. dry cocoa mix
  • 1 oz. black coffee, chilled
  • 2 oz. half and half
  • 1 oz. coffee liqueur
  • 1 Italian cookie
Place dry cocoa in saucepan. Add coffee and stir, add half and half. Heat but do not boil. Add liqueur, stir. Pour into 5 oz. glass and serve with cookie. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...