Sunday, May 22, 2022

There’s a Story There, The Apricots


There’s an app called Flashfood where you can buy boxes of produce, meat, and more for pennies on the dollar. Think t-bones for two bucks, that kind of bargain.

So I’m in Big Rapids, buying gas at Meijer and was curious to see what I could get. Boxes of onions, sweet potatoes, kale, and basil for $3.

I’m at the fridge buying the boxes, and there’s a case full of apricots. I’m in heaven, I love apricots. There has to be at least $20 worth in this box. 

But it’s not listed.

Refresh.

Nothing.

I’m so tempted to grab it and play dumb. Can’t do it. Do the rest of my shopping and check again.

Drove by, checked again - nothing.

Spent entirely too much on a tiny bag of apricots as a result. Look how pretty it is.

I’m obsessed with a case of apricots. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...