Monday, May 30, 2022

Welcome Home Day

If things had gone as planned, today would have been your 13th birthday; instead, we celebrate this as your coming home day. You’ve sailed past all the issues that come with being a micro-preemie, but every once in a while, we get those reminders that in life we dance on a fine, precarious line. And yet, here you are taking it in stride. 

Every year, we thank the NICU team at St Mary’s, in particular, Dr. Winslow and Nancy Oelerich; without their expertise, this 1 lb, 15oz. screamer wouldn’t be the incredible 138-pound, straight-A catcher with a penchant for hard rock he is today. NICU people are the best people.

Yeah, I’m bragging, he has given us every reason for the last 13 years, 85 days. Welcome home son.

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...