Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Running and Skating Rehab: Still Overthinking It

So just skate if I want, if it doesn't hurt. I have to remember the goal of skating is joy and expression, and not medal grubbing. And I'm a true skater; yesterday while cleaning vegetables and listening to The Beatles Channel, I choreographed a routine in my head to Savoy Truffle: "Cream Tangerine! Montelemar!" 



And I'll run if I want to, no one cares if I'm first, 10th, or 2,348th. But maybe it's time to devote attention to things I enjoy more, like kayaking or playing guitar. I've given running 10 years, and if I want to participate, I can be a volunteer too. Or walk, WTF cares. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...