Saturday, December 3, 2022

I’m Somebody!

I got a package in the mail from the State of Michigan yesterday. I had no idea what it could be, hoping it wasn’t a ticket.

Imagine my surprise to receive a certificate of congratulations for graduating from Grand Valley. 

I’m trying to remember if I’ve ever gotten something like this before. Nothing special outside of a small article in the paper when I graduated from Ferris. A handful of Best Advisor certificates from the Office of Student Life. I got certificates from the State Games of Michigan awarding me All-State honors in 2015 and then All-American in 2017.

Call it impostor’s syndrome, I thought something like this was a big deal when someone else got this; now that I have one, I’m almost embarrassed that tax dollars were spent. 

It’s nice that GVSU sent along my information and that I am formally celebrated as a graduate. I like having my 4.0 celebrated by someone other than me. I don’t know, I may put it in a certificate frame. It is a pleasant surprise. 

No comments:

Rethinking Orange

I have a thing for citrus Orange is... Taste:  candied grapefruit peel that is bright, citrusy, bitter, and sweet Touch: warm sunshine with ...