Thursday, December 1, 2022

December Playlist: The New Year's Resolution setlist

First I skated to it, now I play it! 

So I've spent a year noodling around on my old acoustic from my grandma, brought the electric out of hiding, and discovered a junior guitar at a garage sale. I can make melodies work, and I found the Fender Learn to Play Guitar DVD stuck in a stack on the entertainment center. 

Time for alter ego Sister Gloria to make her set list! My new year's resolution is to be able to play a set as if I were at some coffee house making $20 in tips from the door. The only intended audience for this is me.

Songs come from my book of Beatles and favorite pop standards. I think 10 should do it. 

Ain’t No Sunshine, Bill Withers

Can’t Help Falling in Love, Elvis

Cielito Lindo, a Mexican mariachi standard 

Don’t Dream It’s Over, Crowded House

Greensleeves, English traditional

Here, There, and Everywhere, The Beatles

Have I Told You Lately, Van Morrison

I Can’t Make You Love Me, Bonnie Raitt

Just the Way You Are, Billy Joel

Morning Has Broken, Cat Stevens

Next challenge is chord progress, making my fat fingers work. 

No comments:

Rethinking Orange

I have a thing for citrus Orange is... Taste:  candied grapefruit peel that is bright, citrusy, bitter, and sweet Touch: warm sunshine with ...