Monday, December 11, 2023

Typing Out Loud: Do you, really?

 

Nice.

I'm struggling to type this as it is NOT MY BUSINESS. 

But.

A certain someone who was once in my life (yes, an ex) got engaged recently. I smirked "Fourth - or is it fifth? - time is the charm," which I admit is not kind. I am honestly pleased for him since he seems to be chasing happiness, but the narcissist in me is smarting from rejection that is nearly 40 years old. 

Then his fiancee/wife posted they found an open slot at the courthouse and went ahead and...

And what? 

Suddenly, she stops posting, her Facebook account goes dark, and he deletes all posts going back before their reunion in August. 

Again? 

This particular ex always had one eye down my shirt and one eye on the door to see if something better had come along. He did break up with me during his senior year in high school so he could play the field unattached. Then broke up with me again once a pretty waitress started at the restaurant, thinking he had a chance. The third strike happened my senior year when he was dissatisfied with the - ahem - progress in our relationship, and I was out. 

When I say the fourth or fifth time is the charm, he's been married, a lot.

He has a pattern of dissatisfaction with the bird in hand. 

My inner girl code is hoping he didn't break her heart at the altar. I don't know her, but she seems sweet.

Then again, maybe they are on their honeymoon. 

Then again, not my business. 

No comments:

Rethinking Orange

I have a thing for citrus Orange is... Taste:  candied grapefruit peel that is bright, citrusy, bitter, and sweet Touch: warm sunshine with ...