Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Why Art Matters: A Date with Jet Screamer

I was thrilled to see an episode of The Jetsons this weekend I hadn't seen in probably 45 years. The episode, A Date with Jet Screamer, is visually stunning and catchy as hell. 

Judy is a big fan of pop idol Jet Screamer. Dad not so much.

He's hosting a songwriting contest where the winner gets to hang out with him and he will perform the song on his show.  Judy writes a song, and George attempts to sabotage her by sending some secret code she wrote with Elroy instead. However...

Judy wins!

And the name of the song? 




And that means "I love you."

It's a catchy piece of surf music, which was the norm in 1962. I would not be surprised to hear it on Little Steven's Underground Garage.

They meet a funny little man on their date. 

Jet asks you to "come fly with me."

In my next life, I want to be a backup singer with rotating antennas in my hair.

Judy is thrilled by the attention from the paparazzi. 

Play that song on the piano, man. 

A date at the Fun Pad? I'm so there. 

No comments:

Rethinking Orange

I have a thing for citrus Orange is... Taste:  candied grapefruit peel that is bright, citrusy, bitter, and sweet Touch: warm sunshine with ...