Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Le Central - open!

Pretty!


Opened in 1974, Le Central has been serving traditional French cuisine for over four decades, boasting the honor of being San Francisco’s most historic French bistro. Conveniently located on the cusp of the bustling financial district and downtown Union Square, Le Central stands out in a rare one-story historic brick building, crowned by a vintage Tabac sign. Offering classic French faire such as Filet Mignon au Poivre, slow-cooked Cassoulet and Roast Chicken Pommes Frites, Le central’s cuisine is comforting yet sumptuous. The exposed brick walls, stained glass features, and imported brass bar invite you to retreat and unwind in its charming, brasserie atmosphere. Le Central is the downtown stop for locals and visitors looking for a classic meal, delicious glass of wine, and a taste of la belle vie.

It's simply been too long since we visited the West Coast. I love San Francisco. And they have the little escargot pan on their main web page. I could die. I'm writing this very hungry for dinner. I'm delighted by the menu, but disturbed that they are still promoting a Valentine's Day menu. I know the coast got hit harder with COVID then we did, I hope this isn't a sign that perhaps they are closed...?

Yelp: temporarily closed. 

Perroquet
  • 1 oz. Pernod
  • 1/2 oz. creme de menthe
Pour ingredients over ice in an old-fashioned glass and stir well. 


No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...