Saturday, May 30, 2020

Market Street Exchange - closed

Talked about the matchbooks so much, thought I should feature one. 

Oh, you know it's going to be a struggle if the first thing that pops up on a search is a matchbook cover.

Nary a story or a tall tale of great nights and even greater scores.

I can base scant knowledge of the area on the Phi Gamma Nu national convention in 1992, where we were set to go explore and have fun at the revamped Market Street area that was full of shops, bars, and restaurants. Going back to Cleveland in 2000 for the US Figure Skating National Championships, our party stop was in that same area.

What was Market Street Exchange is now a Great Lakes Brewing Company. They distribute their beer regionally.

Cherry Blizzard
  • 1 1/2 oz. cherry brandy
  • Club soda, chilled
  • 1 lemon peel strip
Pour brandy over crushed ice in cocktail glass, and fill with club soda. Twist lemon peel and drop in drink.


No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...