Thursday, May 28, 2020

Lettuce - closed

Always a hit at the PLAV

The Lettuce restaurant, pub, whatever, does not exist on the internet. The drink, however, does!

Lettuceade
  • 1 1/4 oz vodka
  • 8 oz orange sherbet
  • 1 oz orange juice
  • whipped cream
  • 1 maraschino cherry
Place all but whipped cream and cherry in a blender with 1/2 cup of ice. Blend until slushy. Pour into a brandy snifter, and top with whipped cream and cherry.

I'm trying to conjure up my salad days when this book was the hit of the party, and I'll tell you, vodka, sherbet, and OJ dumped in a punch bowl with cherries and 7up was a keen substitute for an open bar at many a bridal shower.

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...