Sunday, May 31, 2020

Maude's - evolved

No cool bar wear on ebay, here's a pic of the drink. 

What used to be The Summit Hotel is now a Doubletree. And what used to be Maude's is now The Met.

This makes me sad, because I feel like the chains can and do take something away that was unique and special. Here in Grand Rapids at the Amway Grand Plaza, there used to be a fun hotel bar that hosted Dueling Pianos and drag queen singalongs. Now it's a bloodless hotel bar.

Maude's entry features a family favorite.

Avalanche
  • 1 oz. creme de bananas
  • 1/2 oz. white creme de menthe
  • Dash amaretto liqueur
  • 1 oz half and half
  • 1 peeled banana, cut in half
Place all but 1/2 a banana with crushed ice in a blender. Blend to frappe texture. Pour and garnish with other half banana.

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...