Monday, May 17, 2021

LHOTR - Have a Seat

 

In the middle of before…


And here’s after! With apologies to The Rolling Stones, paint it blue!

Last year after attending a socially distanced graduation party, I hit up a garage sale and discovered two free but battered Adirondack chairs on the side of the road. I put them in the backyard by the fire pit and promptly forgot them.

Two cans of spray paint - ink and seaside -were purchased when I debated what colors the shutters should be and I decided on neither.

Now that Will has built the fire pit, we need seating up north for those long summer evenings and I remembered the spray paint and chairs. A quick wipe down during my lunch break, and some smooth back and forth action, and suddenly the seating situation is solved. Except I ran out of paint. 

Bonus? There’s two footstools to paint a contrasting color and one older chair that kinda matches to round it out. I don't want to be too monochromatic, so I went lemongrass in the stools, and finished them up after picking up paint along with the rest of the shutters.

We are definitely going to be easy to spot as the blue house by the bridge. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...