Monday, May 24, 2021

LHOTR - A Little Bit of Ferris

 

Isn't it pretty? I thought Rankin Center first time I saw it. 

For Dave’s 50th, I wanted to get him something unique. He had admired a stained glass piece in the window of the antique dealer in Evart, so I went to purchase it as a surprise.

When I got there, there was a large SOLD tag hanging from it. I perused the entire shop and was about to walk way when the owner pointed out two glass panes I hadn’t noticed. He had bought three of them from Ferris when they were decommissioning a couple of buildings and tearing them down, but didn’t know which building they were from. He has already sold one to a pharmacy alumni and decided if he sold the second, he’d retain the third for himself.

I said yes quickly, and sat on the gift, giddy at such an unusual find. I hid it up at the little house because he skipped going up the weekend before his birthday. 

He loved it, and posted it on the Ferris alumni page, asking if anyone knew what building it came from. I had thought Rankin Center, and others quickly agreed. An email to the university archivist was futile, she had no idea. 

I’m surprised Ferris let the panels go, but I’m pleased it's a part of the little house. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...