Thursday, May 13, 2021

LHOTR - meet our mascot!


Back when we first got the little house, Dave asked me to come up with a logo, something to brand our place as somewhere special. 

Who’s got time for that?!

Fast forward to my second class this semester, when I had to map my communications dialogue and I found not one, not two, but three illustrations I did in my sketchbook of a fish drinking a margarita. The best illustration was of said fish wearing sunglasses and a scarf.

I don’t remember why or when I drew this, but it’s definitely my style. And I fell in love with it. 

A few tweaks in photoshop to clean it up and change the margarita to river coffee, and we are ready to slap stickers on kayaks and stick coffee mugs in can koozies.  

All we need now is a name for our fella. Pa Ingalls name was Charles, but this guy looks more like a Chuck. But then there’s an icky comparison to Charlie Tuna, so that’s out. Manzo? Manly? My friend Amy is creating the welcome sign for the house and her son’s name is Wilder. Wilder creates a good time vibe, and is in tune with the spirit of Little House.

Wilder it is!

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...