Thursday, January 4, 2024

Harvard, The Easy Way

Education for education's sake.

Somehow I ended up getting an offer from Verizon to take free continuing education classes through EdX. Perusing the offerings, I found a couple of leadership and communications classes from Harvard and quickly earned a leadership principles certificate in October. I'm about 80% done with the leading in a remote environment class now too.

I hated, absolutely hated the rhetoric course, where I bantered on yesterday about the cake smashing. It's not that my argument was weak, I just didn't care. I dropped that today.

Regardless of my feelings about buttercream to the face, I have legitimately earned, albeit on the flimsiest of credentials, that Harvard sweatshirt purchased last year at the Black Friday tent sale from Perrin. It was also the flimsiest of motivators to finish what I started, but mission accomplished.

I have access to other courses until October so I think once I'm done with this, I will move on to some other opportunities. Marketing at Babson? Project management at Maryland?

My "alumni" sweatshirt closet will have to grow - go Babson Beavers. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...