Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Secret Life of Objects: The Obnoxiously Awesome Minidress

Swing out.

This feature was retired less than a month, since I have to rave about this find. It’s the story of a day, as I have owned this for less than 24 hours. 

Pia needed dry shampoo and I needed to get out of the house. Instead of beelining right to health and beauty, she wandered women’s clothing, “Oooooing” and “Ahhing” every pink and shiny thing. Tucked on the clearance rack, I found a collection of pink and brown sequin dresses. I was amused by the sequins but found it immediately appealing. 

With those monster sequins, it’s loud.

It’s an unusually rich, brown color and the perfect foil for my Ember Tieks.

Being short, it’s a minidress of a manageable length.

And it was only $10.

The challenge is going to be how to style it. A cardigan frumps it, so it needs the right jacket or wrap. Pia wants me to wear it to her 17th birthday. Goals. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...