Thursday, June 25, 2020

Silkey and Margaret’s – evolved!

Maybe I'm not the only one reviewing this book... 

Google the address and: Restaurant Space, For Lease.

Sigh.

Well, a name like Silkey and Margaret’s is too unusual to ignore, so I’m digging a little more. What I found was Silky O’Sullivan’s on Beale Street, with an Authentic piece of the Blarney Stone from the Blarney Castle in Ireland. It may be a shoestring relation (where’d you go Margaret!?) but the Boll Weevil is on the menu, and that’s a close cousin enough for me.

The online store features the usual t-shirts, ball caps, drink ware, including a bucket you can drink out of. Because of COVID, you can buy an all-access pass on live music nights, all proceeds to go to the musicians that have lost gigs at Silky’s because of this damn virus. Nice.

Bowl Weevil
  • 3 oz. rum
  • 1 ½ oz. tequila 
  • 1 ½ oz. vodka
  • 8 oz. OJ
  • ½ oz. Galliano
  • 3 oz. sweet and sour mix
  • 3 oz. grenadine
  • Orange slices
  • Maraschino cherries
Pour all liquid ingredients in cocktail shaker, shake well. Fill a goldfish bowl with ice and pour. Garnish with the fruit.





No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...