Tuesday, June 23, 2020

The Ship’s Wheel – closed

Where would this quest be without the matchbook collectors?

Hm. You’d think in the powerful era of all information all the time that there’d be a tidbit. The Ship’s Wheel looks like it might have been a themed restaurant in a touristy part of town. My only guess on this is the seemingly made-up address on Captain’s Walk Street that no longer exists.

The Ship’s Wheel only uncovers nautical speak, Coast Guard logs, lists of vessels, and for some reason, a 2020 Chevy Silverado for sale.

I will sunset this post with a drink honoring a state many thousands of miles away. If this was on the drink menu, I think there’s another clue to problems for TSW – a lack of direction.

Hawaiian Sunset
  • 1 ½ oz. cranberry liqueur
  • 1 oz. orange curacao
  • 1 oz. rum
  • 3 oz. prepared lemonade
  • 1 orange slice
  • 1 pineapple chunk
Pour all liquid ingredients over ice in cocktail shaker. Shake well. Pour in 12 oz. glass. Garnish with fruit.

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...