Sunday, June 7, 2020

Perry’s – open!


That’s it, I want to hop on a plane and eat my way through San Francisco.

The Union street location is still open, and has been joined by Embarcadero (see Crisis Hopkins) and Larkspur locations. Still using the same logo! Warm and inviting, with blue checked tablecloths, comfort food, and an impressive list of signature cocktails. Sadly, the recipe from my drink book is missing. Make a checklist, this one is long.

Cappuccino Vivace
  • 4 oz. hot black coffee
  • 4 oz. half and half
  • ¾ tsp. cocoa
  • ¾ tsp. sugar
  • ¼ oz. brandy
  • ¼ oz. rum
  • ¼ oz. gin
  • ¼ oz. crème de cacao
  • ¼ oz. galliano
  • Whipping cream
In a saucepan, mix coffee, half and half, cocoa and sugar. Heat, but do not boil. In separate container, mix the booze. Pour liquor into 10 oz. stemmed glass, then add coffee. Top with whipped cream.

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...