Tuesday, June 2, 2020

The Mews - open!

I'd eat here with my head on swivel. 
Down home but with a long celebrity guest list. 


From their site: 

MEWS (myooz) – Primarily British for stables down a courtyard behind a castle or along a lane.

Down a courtyard behind a building…a mews! That’s where our original location was and how it got its name back in 1964 when originators Nicky & Ray Wells started the restaurant. Ray was preparing the area for the business and found a bridle. After some research, she discovered that the space was a stable where horses would cart oysters from the bay to Commercial Street. In 1993 we moved to our current location taking with us several antique articles including wood carvings from 1892.


Their menu features oyster dishes I think even I would eat. And they have mer-people stained glass panels. 

With COVID, it's carryout only, so no peek at the bar menu. 

Pear Cream
  • 2 oz. pear brandy
  • 1 oz. pineapple juice
  • 1 oz. whipping cream
Pour all over ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake heartily. Strain into a wine glass. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...