Saturday, June 27, 2020

Teaser’s – closed


I think there has been a Teaser’s (or Teazerz) phase in every community. Typically with waitresses in skimpy clothing revealing some, but not all, of her assets. ESPN on the jumbo TV. Sand volleyball court and fire pit out back, and a tiny stage awash in Christmas string lights for some local to do acoustic covers of classic rock songs.

This Teaser’s opened in Santa Barbara in 1977. It was named among the favorite SB establishments that are no longer there in a reader’s poll by The Restaurant Guy at Santabarbara.com.

I found a post on Pinterest with a little bit of information, and the place looks like a shithole. What’s there now is Cantwell’s Market & Deli.

Remember the good times.

UFO
  • 1 oz. coffee liqueur
  • 1 oz. amaretto liqueur
  • 6 oz. vanilla ice cream
  • Half and half
  • Cinnamon
Place all but cinnamon in a blender with crushed ice. Blend until smooth. Pour into a large wineglass. Dust with cinnamon.

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...