Sunday, December 12, 2021

2021 Moment of Joy, part 6

I heart him and the state of Michigan

It's not often these days when Dave and I can be just the two of us. So we took a week of vacation in August to do just that, and spend the week together while Will stayed up all hours of the night eating pizza and playing video games with his cousin. 

We stayed at the cottage and did some minor repairs like installing a new faucet, patching the row boat, and painting the kitchen chairs and coffee table. 

Then came the quest to have that bacon burger up north, get some cherries and corn on the cob in the UP. We decided to explore the last corner of the state where we haven't been and spend the night on Drummond Island. 

Fun fact: you can OWN your own island up there, for less than you expect. Building a castle and calling yourself Lord and Lady should be a given. 

We have our eye on our 25th wedding anniversary celebration, but it's unclear what we should do. I'm lucky enough that we celebrate each other on a routine basis as it is. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...