Sunday, December 26, 2021

Moment of Joy 2021, part 16

 I'm not a groupie, I'm an enthusiast.

I became a huge fan of author Michael Perry after rereading his book Truck, followed by Coop and Population: 485. After that, I hit Amazon and bought the rest of his catalog. He is the "author in residence" at the Little House on the River. 

As mentioned in the blog earlier this year, he's refreshingly accessible to the point I've had to actively NOT like or retweet him so as not to appear to be a groupie or a stalker. Whoa down on the quotes there, mama. 

Still, I've had the pleasure of interacting with him directly via social media, and I was invited to a web lecture by the Wisconsin Public Library to hear him read from one of his books and talk about his creative process during the pandemic. Given the opportunity to ask questions via chat, he answered one of my questions (don't remember) and he sent me a tweet thanking me for coming and participating. 

Fangirled OUT. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...