Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Moment of Joy 2021, part 13

 

This used to be home sweet home. 

My mom sold the childhood home over the summer, so for the first time in 56 years, another family will be celebrating Christmas at the yellow house on Chester. 

I’m satisfied with my last meal at the house. We were in the midst of cleaning one terribly hot June day when Candi and John ran to pick up chicken and burgers. In the meantime, some of the kids we grew up with caught wind we were there and stopped by to hang out. I hadn’t seen April, Randy, and Jason in so long!

So there we all were - mom, my sisters, our husbands and kids, and the old neighborhood kids - hanging out on the back deck, eating chicken and talking about old times.  It was a nice goodbye. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...