Sunday, December 19, 2021

Moment of Joy, part 11

 

The miracle that is Paul McCartney

This year saw not one but two amazing things from Macca. First was the song Find My Way from his album McCartney III, with the video reimagining him as a 20-something pop star navigating a psychedelic hotel. Strange twist, Paul was actually Beck! 

Second was the long-awaited three part documentary Get Back, which is what the original Let it Be should have been. Credit to him for his work ethic and dedication to The Beatles, with a special shout out to Ringo for his patience and loyalty. He believed in the band and wanted to keep it together. Kudos to him also for recognizing he was an ass and didn’t give George enough room to shine; I wish they could have figured that out - in 1969! 

And much love to the Beatle wives appearing in the film - there’s a little bit of Yoko, Linda, and Maureen in all of us. I’ve watched the documentary three times (admittedly more viewings of the rooftop concert), and hadn’t caught a glimpse of Patti. But without Olivia, George’s second wife, this wouldn’t have come to fruition, so thanks to her for this and Living in the Material World. 

I see a marathon of all things Beatle in my future this holiday break. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...