Friday, December 10, 2021

2021 Moment of Joy, part 4

"It's winter fall.."

The final chapter of the Richard T. Button High School trilogy, the 80s prom montage

Me and Sandra after our nationals free skate

Again with the mixed bag. As noted earlier this year, mentally with skating I've been a mess this year.

But you know what? I did it anyway.

I made it to Adult Nationals and while I didn’t place well, I received the second-best presentation marks in my event and a level 2 for my spiral sequence. And huge props for being one of the best dressed skaters. And I got to share the moment with dear friend Sandra. And I was able to celebrate adult skater mom Arlene’s birthday.

And, and, and! This is a flip in attitude from June.

Speaking of June, I also competed at Masters Games, which was part of GRO. Because of judging right up to my event and covid shutting down the locker rooms, I was not well costumed or made up. But I had an enthusiastic audience made up of judges on break and parents from other clubs cheering me on. It was my first USFSA national gold medal (the others have either been ISI gold or silver-pewter). 

My next big event is the annual Christmas show, and I will be doing Queen’s A Winter’s Tale. I choreographed it myself, rom the music to choosing the elements. It’s a fresh, easy program with room to stretch and embrace doing what I love to do. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...