Friday, April 1, 2022

INT 310: April Playlist: The Temptations


 I cannot believe I've never done a Temptation playlist before, this must be some sort of April Fools' joke!

I got hooked on the Temps watching that so bad it's good miniseries starring the saint who kissed Madonna in the Like a Prayer video and the president from 24. Then my mother-in-law treated me to the show Ain't Too Proud to Beg: The Story of the Temptations this past week, which is the story of the band told from Otis Williams' perspective, the last living member of the classic five. Which is different from the original five, which included Al Bryant. Which is different from the funk era, which included Dennis Edwards. There's been a lot of Temps. 

Here's a quick playlist of the songs that have meant the most to me over the years: 

My Girl

I Want a Love I Can See

The Way You Do the Things You Do

Ain't Too Proud To Beg

I Wish it Would Rain

I Can't Get Next to You

Ball of Confusion

Just My Imagination

Papa Was a Rolling Stone

Runaway Child, Running Wild

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...