Thursday, April 14, 2022

INT 310: What now? More shoes


Pewter is just sort of blah. I can fix that. 

The conclusion of my Leadership program ends... here I guess. I am waiting for my final grade and am surprised by how much it would mean to four point the class and as a result, four point this program. Since GVSU doesn't recognize GPAs for certificates, instead of being a summa cum laude I aspire to be a mini cum laude. 

Bah dum tiss!

So what now? Continue work on the Little House on the River. Look towards a new season of skating. Power Oscar through being a Michigan tourist before he graduates and goes home. Guitar lessons. Will's baseball season. Planning our 25th wedding anniversary. 

But I find myself circling back to shoes again. Because Tieks are $$$, I could not justify spending $$$ on a new pair just because I needed a purple to complete my color wheel - at Tieks Anonymous, it's a thing. So I needed a project, and the TA community loves projects. 

Well, projects these days are my middle name. So instead of getting blurple Moonstrucks new at some ungodly price, I bargain shopped at Poshmark and got a pair of pewter that needed a little TLC at $. 

Cleaned them up and began to apply the first coat of Prince Purple. 

Whoa, check out the difference with only one coat.

First coat applied. The shoes just soaked the paint up. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...