Friday, April 8, 2022

INT 310: Week 5, Reflection Activity

One of my favorite shadows

Think about an object in nature, such as a leaf. What patterns do you notice? I'm looking at a palm sitting on the bench next to me. I notice the gentle slope, the dark green streaked with burgundy on the edges. 

Think about an area of your home. How about my bathtub?

It's a triangle shaped tub, with jets. My potions and lotions sit at the right angle, a crystal candy dish with bath beads, soaps, personal care products. We've got spa lighting so if I want to read while soaking, I have ambient light. I have a novelty light in the corner to keep it from being too dark. 

Did I think about the shadows? Yes and no. I tend to look for the light. But the photo taken above, from the concert last month, shows both my son as a silhouette and my husband, most of his features obscured by shadow. It's one of my favorite photos of them: it's a candid, showing their generational relationship and a mutual love of music. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...