Thursday, April 7, 2022

INT 310: Why Art Matters: Race Medals

April May June prizes

I love shiny prizes and things that help me create a goal. During the pandemic, I stumbled upon a couple of virtual race companies having crazy sales to blow out their inventory of races. I gobbled that up and hit the elliptical in the basement. 

The virtual races are clever, capitalizing on every celebration on the calendar, like Taco Tuesday, Sugarplum Fairy Day, Day of the Dead, and Cinco de Mayo. I have paid as little as $2 for a race, the medal being a silicone Hershey's Kiss, a 1 mile fun run. One of my favorites came with a box of chocolates, and was hinged to look like a heart-shaped box of chocolates. 

My first in-person race in two years is scheduled for May, and I'm hoping there won't be any covid restrictions in place so I can actually, physically do it for once. But I will miss my heart-shaped bowl of races, a random accomplishment on a random Tuesday.

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...