Tuesday, July 7, 2020

The Vineyards – closed



DetroitYES forums say it’s gone now, and describes how the stone walls and arched ceilings amplified the sound. The restaurant's heyday was in the 60s, but quality declined by the 80s.

Aerial view on Google Maps of what was The Vineyards shows the location is now an office complex, no stone turrets or vineyards to see.

This drink was a standard offering at restaurants in my youth.

Lambrusco Sour
  • 2 oz. Lambrusco wine
  • Juice of ½ a lemon
  • 1 tsp. superfine sugar
  • 1 orange slice
  • 1 maraschino cherry
Place all but the fruit in a blender. Blend slightly. Pour over ice in old fashioned glass. Garnish with fruit.

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...