Thursday, March 17, 2022

INT 310: Experiential Learning project part 3, Morning at LHOTR

 

It looks like the evil tongue of winter saying "not yet."

Winter wasn't going anywhere when I logged in my last day of the project on Sunday, March 13. I was hoping for more activity to log, more drama. 

I always feel like, somebody's watching meeeeee. 

Sights
icicles
neighbors’ renters packing to go home
light snow falling
lots of paw prints
branches down in the yard
how dirty the north side of the house is
the dormant three-season garden

Can you find beauty in the ripple of a surveyor's stake? 

Sounds
woodpeckers
dogs barking
ice on the river creaking and groaning while lurching up the bank - this is the first time I’ve ever heard this!
crows up above calling to each other
cars hitting the potholes and ruts on 50th Ave
Sirius XM Discovery channel
turkeys running squirrels from the corn patch

Not an addiction, a necessity.

Smells
cold medicine
dish soap from breakfast dishes
coffee
the smell of breakfast clinging to me after feeding the family

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...