Tuesday, March 29, 2022

INT 310: Why Art Matters: Happy Birthday Dave!

I've got a present to make! 

My husband is impossible to buy for since he's a "if I want it, I get it" kinda guy. He likes creating memories, so what better than to gift him with my Tool Trash?

So first, I went to find a poster frame to encase the pictures and confetti. It was an easy find really. I didn't like any of the papers there to mat the project, so I relied on my inventory of papers at home. Lunchtime was the World Figure Skating Championship rhythm dance and adventures in present making. 

Choosing a mat. All I had were these small pieces I had to string together. 

Did I like purple and blue together? No I did not. 

Did I want to highlight the confetti I had that linked together? That didn't work either. 

I had to have that piece in a place of honor! 

Thanks for your help, Ace. 

Putting it together. 

Mock layout #17. Still not happy, but closer with the purple background. 

Trimming it up. I have exacto cuts all over my kitchen counter. 

My base. 

Are we getting closer? I think this might be it. 

Using the detail in the confetti as a corner for a photo.

The end! Perfect timing too, he just rolled into the driveway. A quick save and I'll post for his birthday! 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...