Wednesday, March 23, 2022

INT 310: Week 2, Creativity Circle

Who's zoomin' who?

The student will post 4 paragraphs reflecting on the process of designing the Creativity Portfolio.


What is inspiring you?

What has inspired me is the process of exploring the art I discover in everyday life and "writing it out." I'm going to admit that my motivation for attending the Tool concert with my family was to get out of the house and enjoy the VIP accommodations by being in the suite. Instead, I was inspired by the visuals, the music, the relationship among the audience of strangers, and the confetti. I love the confetti. If you collect enough of it, you can put together a while poster.  I already know one of my future posts will be creating the birthday gift for my husband using photos taken from the show and creating a keepsake with the before mentioned art falling from the sky. 

I'm trying to catalog things that I like and why: shoes, poetry, music. Little things in life that are artful, like the little pot of lip cream I got free with the purchase of a moisturizer. I know it's a promotional product meant to generate more sales, but I am charmed by the word "gift" and treat it as such. I'm in marketing and fall for my own tricks... 

How are you documenting your creative process?
Right now, I am blogging instances where I have discovered art either through problem solving, out in the wild, a precious discovery, and including photographs. I've used some of or professor's suggestions to "warm up" the brain, such as the "like list." I haven't figure out quite how many blog posts will be needed, so I hate to think more is more, but that's where I'm going with this. 

For some reason, the blog host isn't accepting video clips, so I kind of spread my inspiration out, and will post some of these to Instagram. Find me @runningwithskates

What activities from Conscious Creativity by Stanton and course materials are you including in your portfolio?
The most important aspect from Conscious Creativity I am using is structure in order to see this class project through. And of course documenting. I'm also reflecting on giving myself the time to allow creativity to happen, and allowing my mind to wander when bored. Oh, and resisting the electronic devices! As for what to muse about, well, what worked for me in the past? Prior to 2015 when I was writing my blog on a consistent basis, I posted entries with reoccurring themes: 
  • Why Art Matters: Spotting those little moments when art happens in life, why it matters to me personally or why is matters in general.  
  • Typing Out Loud: Musings on things in general, seeing where the thought goes, and why it may eventually matter. And it doesn't matter if it doesn't. 
  • What's Right in the World: Things kinda suck right now. But in the midst of all of this, people are still holding open doors, volunteering for food trucks, surprising one another with small acts of grace. These are moments that should be applauded. 
  • Monthly Playlist: Everyday life requires a soundtrack, and I'm here for the remix. 
What did you learn from students in your collaboration?
Well, so far we have quelled one another's anxiety by assuring each other that there are no wrong answers in designing a creativity portfolio! I was initially shy about sharing - I've worked on this blog on and off since 2008 - but the reaction from the team was supportive and enthusiastic. To whoever said "this is great, really cute!" I thank you. We marveled at how others record and create. It's also comforting to know you have a team to bounce ideas off - was continuing the blog after slacking off a good idea? I mean it is challenging and means more time in front of my computer. I was encouraged to know the team supported me. I was also stimulated by others talking about their efforts, knowing I could draw inspiration when the well was getting a little dry. Kirk's talking about a passion for cooking certainly helps! 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...