Wednesday, March 16, 2022

INT 310: Experiential Learning part 2, Evening at LHOTR

Cottage, sweet cottage. 

Second entry for my experiential learning project was on Friday, March 11 when we headed north to the cottage for... what? I had anticipated more spring-like weather, but Mother Nature had other plans.

Now that's a sunset! 

Sights
the start of visible river flow
the neighbors’ security light illuminating their lonely glider
animal tracks
solar lights
the last bit of the sunset lighting up the sky
my reflection in the window
the moon high in the sky

Crunchy snow.

Sounds
whir of the heaters
slosh of the water heater refilling
crunchy snow
wind in the trees
flowing water
the dogs, again
geese honking - they’re back too
my cough - I have a cold
steam escaping my cooking pot
snow sliding off the roof

What's the slogan - one pan, one pound, one happy family?

Smells
the oily-metallic scent of heaters warming up the house
cinnamon churro pudding, a treat for my sore throat
meat cooking on the stove
nothing outdoors, it’s very cold out

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...