Saturday, March 5, 2022

INT 310: Reflection Activity, Conscious Creativity with Stanton

 

How to marry a three year old's love of hockey with his birthday party theme. 
Happy birthday son, 10 years later: he just turned 13. 

Has anyone told you or made you feel that you weren’t good at art?

Sr. Joanne, Grade 9 Art. My ellipses weren’t perfect, therefore I couldn’t draw a good shadow for a sphere, therefore I wouldn’t be good at art. 

Where do I feel, instinctively, my creative strengths lie?

Honesty in storytelling. Being authentic. Sparking joy. 

Creative weakness?

Honesty is also my weakness. I will self-edit if I feel the story I am telling could hurt someone. 

Do I make a record of ideas, how?

You’re looking at it.

Are you persistent or do you give up easy?

I am a 52 year old figure skater that has been working on the adult gold moves and gold free skate test since 2011. During this time. I have had surgeries for tumors, kidney stones, and cancer. I’ve had a hysterectomy in ‘17 and both ovaries removed in ‘19. I’m still working at it determined pass it one of these days.

I created 1,000 pieces of artwork to give away for an installation for ArtPrize.

I whad a doctor encourage me to start running to combat pre diabetes. Diabetes happened anyway, but I kept running, even though my times were nothing to celebrate.

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...